FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Downloads of unfinished development versions

Moderator: noisy

Re: FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Postby Guest » 21 Aug 2015, 15:42

Pedro wrote:
Guest wrote:Just a manual install.
I've also ran the legacy Simconnect installers.

Could you tell me step by step to make it work? Because I did a manuall install (just paste recorder.dll in modules folder) and nothing happened. Thanks.

For those who don't know how to do a manual install, the best thing to to is to read the manual.

Postby felixfer » 16 Nov 2015, 21:00

Hello all.

According to the guidelines I have read, I have installed the 1.33 version in my FSX-SE, I have installed all the simconnects, too, and I think FS Recorder works very well. I have recorded a flight, and then I have flown with myself in close formation.

I also think that FS-Recorder is one of the best addons ever created for FSX.

I have only a little question: is there any way to avoid the "OK requesting message" when starting FSX? Once you have said that you trust the software, I think the warning is useless.

It is not a very important matter, but if it is possible I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance,

Felix FdC
felixfer

Postby JordanCO_TV » 05 Jan 2016, 01:51

felixfer wrote:Hello all.

According to the guidelines I have read, I have installed the 1.33 version in my FSX-SE, I have installed all the simconnects, too, and I think FS Recorder works very well. I have recorded a flight, and then I have flown with myself in close formation.

I also think that FS-Recorder is one of the best addons ever created for FSX.

I have only a little question: is there any way to avoid the "OK requesting message" when starting FSX? Once you have said that you trust the software, I think the warning is useless.

It is not a very important matter, but if it is possible I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance,

Felix FdC

I'm someone you makes FSX films, and just recently bought FSX:SE. I really would like for an update, or at least someone please tell me how to install v.1.33 via skype or something. I'm really desperate because I just started making realistic FSX videos and don't want to ''dump'' that so quickly.
(One of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEHGsTJTlU)
JordanCO_TV

Postby Gerardius » 24 Jan 2016, 17:11

Hi noisy!

I was wondering about the possibility of get a FSX SE and P3D payware version. I would buy it for sure, many other add ons have a cost of 30-50 € and we are purchasing them not being as useful and sophisticated like this great tool. I made a donation three years ago and I wolud be glad paying for a new version.

For sure you have considered this possibility yet, but I would to say it,

Anyway, thank you, Matthias, for your generosity in sharing this incredible job.

Cheers,

Gerard
Gerardius

Postby sidfadc » 21 Feb 2016, 18:47

Hi guys

I've installed 1331 using the manual method which involves editing dll.xml. When I launch FSX SE it asked me to trust the DLL but i dont see the fsrecorder option in the addons drop down menu. After a bit of research i have come across this thread on the team forums which suggests I need to install 4 simconnects. Im fine with this but im wondering if doing this will screw up my install and cause problems with other add on scenery and aircraft like ORBX, PMDG, active sky and A2A??

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/di ... 423992175/

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Cheers
sidfadc

Postby BelGeode » 18 Mar 2016, 19:49

sidfadc

No, it will not mess up your installs. The simconnect and legacy simconnects can live with each other. I have FSX-SE and version 1.331 of FSRecorder and they play fine together.
BelGeode

Postby PeteMarko » 13 Apr 2016, 14:28

After a lot of time and research, I got FS Recorder working in FSX SE :) I have a few questions, though.

1. I am using V1.3.3.1 as I am led to believe the current version does not work in FSX Steam? Can someone verify that is correct?

2. I want to record my video with fraps at half speed, but I cannot see an option do so in my version. I guess my version does not support playing back at half speed.?

3. I get a nag screen which states I am using an earlier version if it turns out I am stuck with this earlier version, is there a way to turn the nag screen off?

Thanks

Pete
PeteMarko

Postby IronMike » 15 Apr 2016, 19:32

I have installed FSRecorder version 1.331 in FSX-SE. Upon FSX-SE startup, I get the following message:

"FS Recorder Module
This version of FS Recorder was not verfied with your version of FSX
and might be incompatible. Please visit www.fs recorder.net and check,
if a newer version is available. If there is no newer version available,
please report this to support@fs-recorder.netand attach the
'Recorder.log' file, which you find in the FS Recorder installation
directory. To load FS Recorder with limited functionality select OK. To
not load FS Recorder, select Cancel."

When I click OK, I get the following message:

"FS Recorder Module
A problem occurred during SimConnect initialization of the FS Recorder
Module! The Recorder will not be available."

There is no FSRecorder option available under "Add Ons" in the FSX-SE menu.

I am attempting to run version 1.331 (vice most recent version) because this is the version which is compatible with FSX-SE.

I have version 1.331 running fine in FSX-Box with no problems.

My C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE and C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX directories are identical except there is no SimConnect.xml file in FSX-SE where there is one in FSX-Box. I've tried copying the FSX-Box SimConnect.xml file to the FSX-SE directory. That didn't work. I've tried installing a second iteration of FSRecorder for FSX-SE. That didn't work.

AICarriers and VLSO run fine in both FSX-SE and FSX-Box. I believe they both use SimConnect.

Anyone have any ideas about what's wrong and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance,

Iron_Mike

PS - My Recorder.log file looks like this:

api: 10.0.62615.0 (00000000)
fs-traffic: 10.0.62615.0 (00000000, 00000000)
main: 10.0.62615.0 (00000000, 00000000)
sim1: 10.0.62615.0 (00000000)
simscheduler: 10.0.62615.0 (00000000)
IronMike

Postby behappy » 24 Apr 2016, 14:23

Understand your reasons for not being able to develop FS flightrecorder for the time being, agree with your priorities totally, All the best for the future and thank you for the hours of enjoyment your program has given me.
Tony
behappy

Postby mikeytwc » 19 May 2016, 16:05

well, i definately have 1.3.3.1 running...I installed all the simconnects and the msxml parser and c++ libs
I am thinking this may be your issue, if not all of the simconnects are installed, perhaps this may cause it to not display as intended.

make sure your video card drivers are up to date, dont just assume they are, check to make sure

make sure you have admin rights before installing the simconnects, msxml and c++ file libs

step 1, Install all the simconnects that DTG doesnt automatically install for you

keep in mind these are simconnect.msi files...just double click to install

where my FSX:SE is installed into my E:\ drive
there are actually (4) simconnects in FSX:SE

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib
(install this one first)

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM
(install this one 2nd)

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1
(install this one 3rd)

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK (YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO INSTALL THIS ONE)
DTG now includes the install for the xpack since the last update/patch

the 2nd thing to do is install the C++ redistributable

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2005
there are 2 files here

vcredist_x86.msi (to install for 32 bit)
vcredist_x64.msi (to install for 64 bit)
just double click on the pertinent one for your system, for most it should be 64bit

If you can't find them in your directory can you please go to this website, download and install these two files.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=3387
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=21254

Please make sure you install them to the same drive where you have FSX installed. It doesn't need to be same folder or anything. Just the same hard drive.

just to make sure it is installed, the XML parser should also be installed, it should have been loaded already by fsx

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Installers
msxml.msi
double click this file to install

It looks like the game needs the MSXML 4.0 dlls installed for x86 and they aren't included in the redistribution or are failing to install as part of the Steam setup on Win 8.1 Pro.

I downloaded the MSXML 4.0 SP2 and SP2 Hotfix from Microsoft and everything then worked. Get the files from:

MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (Microsoft XML Core Services) - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=19662
Security Update for MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=14623

if your installer doesnt automatically modify dll.xml, you can do the following(excerpt from the fs-recorder manual)
Manual installation
Create a directory and extract the file RecorderFSX.dll into it. Then open the file dll.xml,
which is located in Documents and Settings\[USER]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and add
the following entry before </SimBase.Document>:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FS Recorder Module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>[PATH]\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

where you have to replace [PATH] with the path, where RecorderFSX.dll is located.
If you are using Windows Vista, make sure that security permissions are correct for the FS
Recorder directory and the DLL. If you run FSX as administrator, there should be no
problem, otherwise make sure that your user account has execute permission for
RecorderFSX.dll and the permission to create and write files in the FS Recorder directory.

hope this helps anyone that might be having issues getting fs-recorder 1.3.3.1 working in FSX:SE
mikeytwc

PreviousNext

Return to Alpha Releases