FS Recorder 2.17 alpha

Downloads of unfinished development versions

Moderator: noisy

Re: FS Recorder 2.17 alpha

Postby noisy » 18 Mar 2012, 11:24

:-k from the log file I can see what's going wrong, but I still don't understand why that happens. When you hit Ctrl+W FS Recorder first gets the next aircraft ID, then tries to get information for that ID. That's the point where the error occurs, the ID seems to be invalid as FSX doesn't return any data for it.

I tried several things here, but still couldn't reproduce it.

Some more questions: If you hit Ctrl+W while no playback is running (but with FSX AI traffic present), do you get the same error? Which other add-ons do you have installed? What happens if you disable the option "Display Title/Aircraft on Change" in the camera settings dialog and then use Ctrl+W?
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby deepblue77 » 19 Mar 2012, 13:33

Hi noisy,

First, when i disable "Display Title/Aircraft on Change", it seems the problem is solved. I tried several times in this way in multiplayer, free flight and playback modes and I did not experience any problems.
noisy wrote:If you hit Ctrl+W while no playback is running (but with FSX AI traffic present), do you get the same error?

Yes. In every play mode i get the same error if there is a traffic.
noisy wrote:Which other add-ons do you have installed?

FSUIPC 4.30, Ezdok 1.15 and World of AI Traffic.

And i must say thay, i don't get this error every time when i first hit ctrl+w or ctrl+shift+w. Many times, after visiting several traffics i get this error. I mean; i can't visit the other planes as a cycle. I hope i could tell. :)

Thank you for your interest.
deepblue77

Postby noisy » 26 Mar 2012, 10:03

deepblue77 wrote:First, when i disable "Display Title/Aircraft on Change", it seems the problem is solved. I tried several times in this way in multiplayer, free flight and playback modes and I did not experience any problems.

OK, that's what I expected. However, you still might not be able to watch all traffic. I think when you get to an aircraft where the error would occur with the display option enabled, it will return to the user aircraft (instead of the next aircraft).

And i must say thay, i don't get this error every time when i first hit ctrl+w or ctrl+shift+w. Many times, after visiting several traffics i get this error. I mean; i can't visit the other planes as a cycle. I hope i could tell. :)

Then I would guess it occurs only with certain aircraft models, which would explain why I can't reproduce it. I will add an additional check for the aircraft ID in the next update to fix that problem.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby vladislav karpov » 13 Jan 2013, 02:46

noisy wrote:OK, I can reproduce the crash, will try to fix it soon.
vladislav karpov

VQMGXnRdDdrtxsro

Postby Jasmine » 17 Dec 2015, 08:53

Hi guys,First, great work on this application.Second, not a big one as I have pheucasrd an external GPS receiver for my WIFI iPad. But; when I tether the iPad to my iPhone, I am able to use the iPhone GPS for the extant map function on the iPad. Is there a way for your application to use the iPhone GPS for the same. I can't seem to get this to work.CheersMatt
Jasmine

Previous

Return to Alpha Releases